Varicose veins can be caused by a sedentary lifestyle, heavy lifting, bad habits, or hormonal disorders that interfere with venous blood flow. Often the arteries of the lower leg, pelvis, and thigh are affected - the parts of the body that experience the greatest stress.
There is a certain risk group most affected by the disease. These are mainly representatives of the "sitting" and "standing" professions: drivers, cashiers, office workers, doctors.The disease always manifests itself abroad and causes serious concern. Varicose veins in the legs are the cause of fatigue and edema. In severe cases of the disease may develop thrombophlebitis and trophic ulcers.
Lifestyle changes are the first step to health
Effective treatment of varicose veins usually does not start with medication. It's a good idea to change your "sedentary" job to a more active one, but not everyone can do it. But it is a proven way to change your lifestyle.
The main things you can't do if you have symptoms of varicose veins are: lifting weights, drinking alcohol, smoking, sitting or standing for long periods of time, wearing tight clothing, and often being hot.
- reduce static physical activity, dilute them with walking, small sports complexes;
- start a friendship with sports. But the event is important here! Walking and swimming are useful. Properly covered, it will withstand a great deal of adverse conditions.
- adjust your daily routine, spend less time on the computer, TV;
- look at your usual diet. Remove the spicy, greasy coffee from it; more fruits, juices, vegetables;
- Stop wearing tight clothes and make a difficult decision for a woman - give up high heels.
These simple recommendations cover not only treatment in the early stages of the disease, but also effective prevention. If you take these into account, use them in your daily life, the probability of varicose veins is reduced to zero.
Medication: complex treatment - a guaranteed result
Symptoms of varicose veins are a reason to go to a medical facility. In the early stages of the disease, it may be necessary to consult such a specialist and prescribe medication.
Diagnosis is of particular importance, allowing each patient to find the cause of varicose veins. After the research activities are carried out, a real treatment is always prescribed, which consists of a number of medical prescriptions and recommendations.
- use of ointments, creams that reduce swelling and promote blood circulation;
- taking pills, injections (painkillers, drugs that normalize blood circulation);
- conducting therapeutic gymnastics, diet;
- wear compression underwear;
- use of physiotherapeutic methods (laser, heat therapy);
- sclerotherapy - removal of diseased vessels with special chemical solutions.
In rare cases, surgery cannot be prevented if treatment is not followed or left untreated. Affected trophic vessels are removed in various ways, standard (phlebectomy) or laser methods.
Secrets from "the people"
Folk recipes are simple and accessible to everyone, but their use should be discussed with a doctor. Helps with varicose veins:
- apply a mixture of garlic and oil on the legs;
- Rub with Kalanchoe gruel;
- reception of mixtures from arnica, yarrow, St. John's wort;
- coconut, hops, honey, apple cider vinegar help.
It's easy to get rid of foot disease! The main thing is not to start the disease, go to a medical institution at the first sign. You should not expect a quick cure, it is impossible to defeat varicose veins immediately. It is better not to wait for the symptoms and to ensure the health of your arteries for many years with the help of effective prevention.