Varicose veins are a vascular pathology that can be treated conservatively and surgically. Folk remedies for varicose veins in the legs have long been used, their effectiveness has been proven. With early detection of the disease, they are able to treat, and then - to alleviate the course and prevent complications.
Effectiveness of folk remedies
Various treatments are used for varicose veins of the lower extremities. Surgery is performed as a last resort when the patient's life is in danger. External treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies is carried out with ointments, bandages, compresses, rubs, baths; internal - taking tinctures, teas, decoctions. Oral administration provides a good thinning and cleansing of the blood, while the external directly helps to treat the inflammatory process in the affected vessel. Such therapy is completely safe, but long-term. The first signs of improvement can be observed after 2-3 months. If you combine it with classical drug treatment, the effectiveness will increase. It is easy to prepare recipes for folk remedies. Herbal ingredients are available, fragrant, can be stored for a long time, have minimal side effects and side effects.
Treatment of varicose veins with traditional medicine is effective and safe. But keep in mind that their appointment is the responsibility of the doctor. Only he will be able to assess the benefit-harm ratio for the body when taking this or that remedy.
Recipes for herbal ointments for varicose veins
Local phytotherapy with ointments is carried out simultaneously with the general. They are simple to prepare and have a variety of ingredients. Ointment is made at home using fat, vegetable or olive oil. After cooling, store in a cool place. Herbal ointments are applied in a dense layer, covered with a gauze napkin, covered with parchment and covered with a bandage. You can also use factory forms, for example, "Bee cream for varicose veins. "The most effective compositions of homemade ointments:
- Mountain snake, dandelion, sweet clover, celandine, calendula, clover and chamomile flowers, flax seeds, mint and eucalyptus leaves.
- St. John's wort, meadowsweet, wormwood and string, as well as cuff leaves and primrose root.
- Dried chestnuts 6 pcs. and 2 tablespoons of its flowers.
- Maple buds 1 tbsp. l. , 10 g of beeswax, 50 g of butter and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
Friction with varicose veins
Rubbing the affected areas with varicose veins of the lower extremities with vegetable oils or decoctions helps well. They are rubbed mainly at night with light circular motions. The most suitable for this are calendula oil extract, Kalanchoe and aloe juice, alcohol tincture of acacia flowers and horse chestnut, sea buckthorn oil. An effective folk remedy for varicose veins is to rub at night with vodka-infused macula. All this allows you to deal with the accompanying symptoms: dry skin and micro-cracks, swelling.
Compresses and lotions for the treatment of veins
Compresses at home with varicose veins should be done as carefully as possible and after consulting a doctor, as their improper use can lead to an increase in local temperature, increase the inflammatory process and burns. Their application is carried out every day. The most effective way to remove varicose veins in the legs:
- Apple cider vinegar. An effective folk remedy for varicose veins, which eliminates swelling, normalizes blood circulation and normalizes the tone of the vessel wall. Dilute 1: 4 in water for compresses. The duration of the compress is not more than 1 hour. The maximum course is 1-2 weeks.
- Blue or green clay. It is made into a homogeneous slime with warm water and applied to the vein for 60-80 minutes. The duration of treatment is 2-3 months.
- White cabbage. Its leaves are rubbed with laundry soap and sprinkled with soda and then applied to the affected areas. The compress lasts 12 hours.
- Ripe or green tomatoes. Tomatoes are cut into slices, pulled into the aching veins and tied with a bandage all night.
- Hazel. Lotions from it are the best anti-inflammatory agent for trophic ulcers.
Herbal infusions and decoctions
Calendula infusion effectively fights the disease.
- Take 2 tbsp. tablespoon dried calendula flowers and brewed in 400 ml of water. Take ½ cup 4 times a day.
- Pour chopped nutmeg in boiling water in a ratio of 1: 5. Drink a decoction 3 times a day for at least 3 months.
- Nettle decoction is made from 10 g of dried leaves and 80 ml of water. Boil for 3-5 minutes, strain and cool. Take three times a day for 1 month.
- Chestnuts, chamomile flowers, raspberry root, yarrow and plantain are mixed in equal proportions. 2 tbsp. spoons of this mixture pour 600 ml boiling water and insist 12 hours. Drink 150 ml twice a day.
- Take 20 g of oak bark, maple, astragalus grass, immortelle flowers and horse chestnut. Add 50 grams of Iceland algae and horsetail. 2 tbsp. spoons of this mixture are boiled in 500 ml of water and allowed to brew. Drink 1/3 cup 4 times a day.
Herbal decoction recipes are used for indoor use and baths. The time for water procedures is 20 minutes, it is necessary to massage and knead the feet and legs, which improves blood circulation, eliminates swelling and fatigue of the legs and relieves pain. Folk remedies for varicose veins used for baths: apple cider vinegar, bay leaf, chamomile, sea salt.
You can get rid of vascular problems by preparing an alcohol tincture from the beaver stream.
Internal remedies are made with 70% ethyl alcohol. Treatment with tinctures must be with a doctor's permission.
The flow of beaver on alcohol allows you to eliminate the symptoms of the disease with regular use for 3-4 weeks. Propolis, oregano, mint, thyme are common ingredients in tinctures with antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and decongestant properties.
For varicose veins, succinic acid and "Aspirin" will help to dilute the blood.
Medicinal products and juices
Varicose veins require proper nutrition. Alcohol, smoked meat, sauces, mayonnaise, spicy and salty foods should be excluded from the diet. For varicose veins, ginger and cinnamon are added to tea to relieve pain, tone and improve blood circulation. Freshly squeezed juices from sea buckthorn, mountain ash, grapes, currants, carrots, spinach, parsley and celery are quickly digested and begin to act almost immediately. Cranberry and lingonberry fruit drinks are also helpful. For varicose veins, garlic, citrus fruits, cabbage, beets, tomatoes, sorrel, grapes, onions, seafood, hazelnuts, milk thistle powder - all this should be in the diet.
Home treatment of varicose veins will be most effective if detected early. Initial consultation with a physician is required to prevent adverse outcomes: worsening of the disease, burns, rupture of blood vessels and thromboembolism. During treatment, laboratory blood parameters, primarily prothrombin index, should be monitored.