Varicose veins affect many people today, especially without realizing that they are female or male. Yes, members of the stronger sex also suffer from varicose veins. In addition, according to the World Health Organization, one in four men over the age of 40 suffers from lower extremity vascular disease. Today, varicose veins, by the way, and some other diseases are rapidly rejuvenating - sometimes even teenagers talk about pain and heaviness in the legs. In addition, the disease continues with more complications than in women. Why? Read on.
This is an insidious varicose vein
Varicose veins are a chronic disease that is often inherited. "Working on the feet", smoking, drinking alcohol, spending long hours behind the wheel and computer, lifting weights, poor nutrition and other factors increase the load on the walls of the arteries. And the sooner you want help, the better the effect of treatment. However, as is often the case, men generally do not tend to pay enough attention to their health, especially their feet. Although women are always picky about what their feet look like, they consult a phlebologist at the first sign of an impending illness. Men do not pay much attention to the stars and ships, but the disease progresses.
Varicose veins are not accidentally called insidious. In the early stages, when the use of non-surgical methods leads to treatment, varicose veins manifest themselves only with external cosmetic defects - no pain, swelling and heaviness of the lead in the legs. Of course, men ignore this.
The disease affects the large arteries, and soon it will be the turn of the deep arteries. And at this stage it is good that the patient sees a doctor. Then, in the absence of timely treatment, it will be possible to avoid the inevitable consequences of the disease - thrombophlebitis, trophic ulcers, deep vein thrombosis. But the doctors' verdict is likely to be unpleasant - surgery. But it could be prevented. . .
Treatment is ideal when starting in the early stages of the disease. Often non-surgical methods are used (different options of sclerotherapy), but in some cases it is necessary to resort to surgical treatment. As for men, about half of patients are operated on. And all because of neglect of their health: late treatment, advanced forms of the disease, aggravation of varicose veins.
Every man should remember that pain, swelling, constant fatigue and a feeling of heaviness in the legs are the first call that should never be ignored. Phlebologists strongly recommend: consult a doctor first in varicose veins. Only a specialist can make such a correct diagnosis in the earliest stages of the disease. Ultrasound examination - dopplerography - does not take more than thirty minutes and does not cause any discomfort. If this is not enough, the doctor will perform a duplex scan - this will help determine the extent of the lesion and determine the rational treatment tactics. Early diagnosis of varicose veins in men can prevent the development of deep vein lesions and avoid surgery that is limited to sclerotherapy.
Instructions for use:
- Try to do most of your homework while sitting.
- Rest for 15-20 minutes under a stretched leg with a pillow or support.
- Do not abuse hot baths, baths and saunas
- Soak your feet in cool water. With a gentle jet from the hose or shower, first "walk" from the toes to the heels, then from the calf muscle to the knee, and finally "walk" along the front of each foot, alternately from the toes to the soles. knee
- Do not wear narrow shoes: such equipment compresses the arteries of the feet and disrupts blood circulation.
- The pose with crossed legs thrown on top of each other disrupts blood circulation in the popliteal fossa of the upper leg and the other on the anterior surface of the thigh.
- Do not allow your feet to squat while sitting. Move them more often: talk, lie down, bring them to the sides, open and close your knees, turn your legs counterclockwise and at least 15-20 times.
- Get up from your chair every half hour to walk around the room, do leg exercises, or climb stairs.
- It is extremely useful for Americans to sit with their feet on their desks, a movie-like habit. Use this pose more often if you can.
- Most men who suffer from pain and swelling in their legs are ashamed of their condition and endure "to the end" without going to the doctor. As a result, patients turn to phlebologists too late for conservative treatment and sometimes have to decide on surgery.